Handy kegging calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your sheet for line length calculations, you say you used the "average" of the resistance/ft (resistance being pressure drop) values you found in multiple sources. The problem with this approach is that most of the available sources pretty much just copied each other, so you are not averaging independent sources of measurement. And from what I have seen, most of the sources use a resistance that is much higher than actual. The only line length calculator that I (and several other knowledgeable folks on HBT) recommend is this one.

For carbonation calculations I recommend using the equation in section 2.1 of this paper. It is slightly more accurate at extremes than the second order fit equation you use, is more likely to extrapolate more accurately (as it's based on a fit to a physical chemistry model, and not just a polynomial curve fit), and from a practical usage perspective it is easily invertable (so you can calculate volumes from pressure and temp, as well as pressure from volumes and temp.)

Brew on :mug:

Back