Hello from Chicago!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinmanDan

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

I just started brewing, thanks to my wonderful, beautiful wife, who gave me a full brewing setup for Christmas (bless that woman!). My first beer was a German Oktoberfest that turned out great, and this weekend, I'll be starting a Scotch Ale. I'm very excited about the new hobby. I'll freely grant my noob status, so I'm looking forward to learning from the experienced pros here.

Oh, and if you happen to have a good recipe for stout, I'd love to hear it.

Welcome! You got it as a gift - you are indeed lucky. You must've given some good hints!

There are quite a number of people from the Chicago area here. Do a search on "SNIZZLE". I have a very good Dry Irish Stout (think Guinness) recipe. Check my 'Recipe' pull down under my avatar.

Welcome. I got my setup for xmas in '06 and I've come a pretty long way in a short time and a lot of it was to do with reading a whole lotta threads on this site.

Logan Square here. Where in Chicago are you?

Welcome, what a great Christmas gift. It's always nice to see more Chicago area people. Have fun and enjoy.

Hey, Guys -- great to see that there are more brewers in the windy city! Of course, on cold days, I suppose I should expect more of it. Alcohol may not actually warm you up, but when you're drunk, you don't mind the cold. ;)

I'm actually out in the suburbs - Aurora, to be specific, but I work in the loop. Sure is tough to keep one's mind on the job when there's a carboy fermenting at home!

Welcome Dan,

I'm a Jefferson Park resident here we'll have to plan a Goose Island outting with all the Chicago folk one of these days.

Ed

I'm also a Chicagoan new to brewing! My first batch is fermenting away, and I'm proud to say that I'm using Chicago Metro water, and I'm betting it will be delicious. I'm up in Albany Park, right by the river.

Goose Island would be great! For comedy option, we could drive up to Milwaukee :cross:

Back