Help cleaning up keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbapoindexter

Reaction score
Hello all I am in the process of building a collar for my keggerator and am having issues with the gas set up. It's ugly and disorganized I am wondering if any of you experienced people out there can help me? Also should I switch to stainless steel quick disconnects for the kegs? Any help would be awesome still new to all this.

image-897112696.jpg

image-2056453143.jpg

How many taps will your kegerator be?

It's a little difficult to tell, but it looks like you have one beer line coming off the two guage regulator with four lines total coming off the single guage regulator, two lines with QDs and another two coming of the manifold that can be turned on/off. Is that accurate? The single guage regulator acts a way to serve the lines coming off that guage a lower pressure than the line coming off the two-guage regulator.

I wouldn't worry about the quick disconnects being stainless. I personally would use stainless steel shanks and faucets versus the chrome plated stuff as the chrome plating can erode over time and end up in your beer glass.

Yeah, I agree the first question is how many kegs are going in the kegerator. I would definitely use both of the distributor outputs before adding any teed drops to QDs.

I also see no advantage to the user with stainless QDs...

Cheers!

imo it's not a huge deal how it looks as long as you can get kegs in and out. line management is tough, especially if your using bev seal.

Sorry I haven't responded been working a ton of 12 hour shifts... So I plan on having 4 taps 3 for beer one for water thats why the secondary regulator is there also the manifold is there for when I expand so I don't have to have all the T's. I have the gas QD on the manifold because I have a beer gun to fill bottles and don't want that in the kegerator when its done that will be outside the keg on the T with the CO2 and main regulator. I hope that answers all the questions.

I was wondering about SS ball lock OD's for the kegs because the plastic QD's I have on there now look like they are cracking. I was wondering if thats due to the 30 PSI I serve the water at?

What are your thoughts on keeping the CO2 out of the kegerator and leaving it at room temp?

Latest posts

Back