Help identifying 10 gallon keg fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spin711

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a used Cornelius 10 gallon keg and need help identifying the posts/dip tubes for it. I searched online and couldn’t find any info and I’m not familiar with these fittings at all.

They are weldless fittings and I would like to convert the dip tube to a floating one to ferment. They are also old so new fittings wouldn’t be a bad idea. I believe it holds pressure (still haven’t done a pressure test), and worse case would be to stick with these fittings and clean them up.

Can anyone point me towards new posts for gas and liquid? As you can see they are different style than the typical 5 gallon Cornelius. Is there a way to change them to the 5 gallons style?

Thanks!

IMG_1533396595.147787.jpg

I suppose if you look hard enough you might find replacement parts, but I don't see why you can't clean and use the existing hardware.
btw, the post with the notched base goes on the left with the short insert, while the non-notched post goes on the right with the long dip tube insert...

Cheers!

Any other recommendation for cleaning solution to clean the parts besides a pbw soak and concentrated star san? There’s some darker areas on the inside of the posts I thought was rust but won’t come off with pbw or star san.

The posts are correct because if I switched them around there would be no way to thread the dip tub onto the other post. I also verified with my ball lock adapters.

If I can’t find anything, I think a dip tube screen would be the best option with existing hardware.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back