Hi from San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrispy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the banner keeps telling me to say hello so I guess I will.
I have been brewing beer on and off for about 10 years. I found the HBT forum while looking for info on kegerators.

With all of the great breweries here in San Diego I wanted to be able to have a 5gallon on tap at all times and be able to have some of my homebrew accessible at the same time, as well as be able to have 1/2 barrels for parties. I am in the process of finding a good kegerator (not a conversion) in a hurry since playoffs are on and I am itching to make a lager. I am a biologist and used to have a cold room to lager my beers in but alas not currently.

I am also interested in reef keeping (aquariums), there are several people from SD that are hobbyists that also are in to homebrewing. We have a great local website sdreefs.com

Looking forward to being a member of the community!

Welcome!

I hear San Diego is a beautiful place. Home brew and the ocean, you can't ask for much more than that. Sorry I can't help with kegerator questions. I'm working on a three tier brew rig at the moment. After that is completed, then I can move on to a kegerator.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.... :mug:

Hello mrkrispy...I got my start in San D in 96 while stationed there in the NAVY. I cant remember the name of the street my HBS was on, but it was across from a big a$$ pet smart around Rancho San Diego. I used to work at InCahoots for a few years too. And I learned to like the Gordon Biersch on tap in mission valley. Cool, glad to have you hear......

PS...why do they pronounce (Jaimaca) rd, hamashaw?

If it were to be few months ago, I'd say I was from San Diego too but migrated to the opposite corner from SD.

glad to see there are some SD people here! I live about a mile from Home Brew Mart, a great place to get gear and the people are really friendly. Plus they have tasters and homebrews from Ballast Point brewery.

I got my kegerator woohoo!

Back