Home Brew Supplier???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you obtain your HB Supplies from?

• Local Homebrew Supplier (Brick & Morter)

• Internet Based HB Supplier (Cyber based)

• Manufacturer Direct (Bulk)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Willie3

Reaction score
The poll does not allow for other. So answer where you do your shopping the majority of the time.

Me... its mostly on-line. If I had a store closer to where I live I would go there more.

WW

Definitely My Old Ky Home Brew store in Louisville, Ky

Paul is very knowledgeable about everything brewing related and can help you out with anything you need to know.:tank:

Online - Brewmasters Warehouse. Even if you only order supplies for one batch at a time it still comes out much cheaper than Local Home Brew Store even with shipping.

I bulk order hops from Hops direct. I try to keep cascade and 1 or 2 other common varieties on hand. Occasionally i will need an ounce of something unusual and can't justify having 16 ounces of it. In that case i will throw it on with my brewmasters order.

BMW, Rebel, and HopsDirect get most of my business these days. I have a great LHBS about half an hour away but he's scaled back his hours to the point I can't make it there after work anymore.

Austin Homebrew via the internet is where I get 99% of my stuff. No LHBS in town.

I get all my hops from hopsdirect.
Makes it plain and simple....Little bit of cost up front but its worth it in the long run.

Yeast, Buy a pack here and there and just wash yeast the next 10 times or so before its time to rebuy or i get a yeast slurry from the local brewery.

Grain i just buy by the bag.
The little 1lb here and there i can find localy cheap.

Carboys and brush's etc,......There is a homebrew store but they kinda spendy.
So if its carboys $40.00 for a 6.5 gal isnt to bad.

i'm a mix as well.

My LHBS happens to be northern brewer, so it happens to work out nicely. Altho I still end up ordering online sometimes (BMW!). Really, its only like 2-3 dollars more, and I don't have to drive 40 minutes thru traffic.

but in the end, gotta support local!

Hm, my LHBS is Brewmaster's Warehouse.. I guess I won't vote either b/c isn't that technically a "Both"?

All of the above.

Hops in bulk from Hopsdirect.

Misc Grain and equipment from Midwest, usually, so Online.

I also get sacks of grain at the LHBS when I'm in the area. It's about 80 miles away..

Yeah, all of the above for me as well.
Hops from hopsdirect (LHBS is still $4/oz!!)
Bulk grains and yeast are always LHBS.
Specialty grains and other ingredients are from AHS and LHBS
Equipment is always online, never local.

Base grain I get from Mid Country, Hops from hopsdirect or freshops. Equipment online from Midwest or Northern brewer everything thing else is LHBS

With the exception of hops, I buy all my ingredients at the local home brew store (More beer). I have had to look elsewhere for some equipment. I needed false bottoms for my keggles and I didn't like the ones they sell. Found exactly what I wanted somewhere else.

My "locals" are both over an hour drive, so most of the biz goes to Ed at BMW. There is a little wine/beer shop threatening to carry homebrew ingredients, so I may shop there more when they get around to it. I still buy liquid yeast locally after a couple bad experiences.

I like to support my lhbs, High Gravity because I think they do a lot for the home brewing community. However I have started buying hops from Hops Direct and wash my yeast. So that just leaves grain to purchase. I want to get a mill and buy 2 row in bulk, but like I said, those guys are great.

lol, my wife works 1 mile from Northern Brewer, and we carpool....so "Local", but it's not really the same as "support your local LHBS, don't order from the big guys online!"

my closest local store is almost 3 hours away in N.O. Louisiana, so it was of course internet based.

Back