How much coffee to add?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbrewer

Reaction score
I am fermenting an oatmeal stout. I plan to cold brew some espresso to add to it. I already cold brew for personal consumption. Any ideas on the ounces of dry coffee to use? I want the coffee to come through, but not be overbearing

Make way more than you think you'll need, then add incrementally to your bottling bucket, tasting along the way. Probably wanna do this before you add your priming sugar.

In my Coffee Porter I do 8 oz coarse ground coffee in 32 oz of water and steep for 24 hours in my french press. I then Press, pour into the keg and rack on top of that.

D

I hear "dry hopping" whole beans is the way to go. Something similar was posted yesterday I believe.

In my Coffee Porter I do 8 oz coarse ground coffee in 32 oz of water and steep for 24 hours in my french press. I then Press, pour into the keg and rack on top of that.

D

I do the same for my Coffee Stout and it's just right. I take it that you're kegging - just remember you can always add more but never take away. I'd start at 4oz and work up from there to suite your tastes.

Back