I'm back! Ready to Bottle...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimsta

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, it's been a while since i've hit the forums heavily... but i'm back and i've got a question. I've got a gallon of mead that looks like it's ready to be bottled.

DSC01406.jpg

Should I rack this and let sit for a few weeks, or is it ok to go to bottles? Also, any suggestions as to how much priming sugar should be used if I wanted to carbonate half of a gallon?

Should I rack this and let sit for a few weeks, or is it ok to go to bottles? Also, any suggestions as to how much priming sugar should be used if I wanted to carbonate half of a gallon?

It's hard to tell in that picture, but it doesn't really look crystal clear. It also looks like you've got some lees there. I'd go ahead and rack it, and wait until no more lees drop at all.

Maybe I'm just looking at the picture with my middled aged eyes, though, and it is clear. Sorry if I'm seeing it wrong.

Back