I'm the new guy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there! I've been lurking around here for a while and thought I would finally make a presence. I've been making beer for the past 12 years. I've made many different styles of beer but for the last 5 years or so, it's only been wheat beers. My significant other and I prefer the wheat beers. It makes us both happy.

Up to this point I've only made beers from either extract or the full volume wort (23L). That is all about to change....

Over the past three years, I've collected parts, electronics, fittings and tubing. I finally finished my home brewery a few weeks ago. It's a single tier, three vessel systems using kegs as a HLT and mash tun and a 80 quart stainless boil kettle. The kegs were converted to bottom draining (I cut the tops off for a nice 12" lid) with a false hinged bottom. The mash tun has a 4500W rims heater and the boil kettle has a 5500W heater. All of the liquids are moved around via dedicated 12v pumps for each vessel. I decided to put my trade skills to use here and used 1/2" stainless steel tubing and soldered all the tri-clamp fittings myself.

This has been a long project and I'm super excited about brewing my first batch when the vessels get back from being insulated and the EzBoil is back from a warranty issue.

Brew-on!

Here are a few of the pictures. I should just start a thread on my build and upload all the pictures.
20180227_163835.jpg
20171216_213655.jpg
20171214_151127.jpg
20171130_211021.jpg
20171125_142257.jpg
20171116_203246.jpg
20170915_191925.jpg

Man that looks high tech right there. Looks really nice. Ive only done the box sets but im wanting to take the next step soon.

Man that looks high tech right there. Looks really nice. Ive only done the box sets but im wanting to take the next step soon.
So I used the new system last weekend and brewed a Belgium Wit. I was assuming 75% efficiency but I ended up with 83%. I hit my post boil gravity before the boil! I still boiled for 90 minutes then I added 3 gallons of water. Pretty successful day if you ask me.

Back