Inkbird ITC-1000 Hardwire or not for Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffceo24

Reaction score
I picked up an Inkbird ITC-1000 for my Insignia 7.0 Keezer. I was either going to hardwire it directly to the compressor or build it into a small electrical project box and then plug the keezer into that box. Any ideas or preferences? Thanks!

If you're handy it's a bit of a coin flip. Some folks cut them into the removable panel covering the compressor end of the unit. That makes the AC wiring a piece of cake, just need to find a way to run the probe inside the cabinet.

I direct mounted a similar controller (MH1210) cut into the front edge of my chest freezer lid and ran the AC wires out the back edge, definitely more involved (though running the probe wire was easy). Otoh, all of my fridges have their controllers in project boxes sitting atop the cabinets, mostly because I didn't want to cut into any of their doors to mount the controllers. That's probably the most common way to go...

Cheers!

I just built a small 3 tap keezer. I mounted the ITC-1000 through the front of the collar and added an outlet box to the back to plug the freezer into. Worked out well.
IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0236.JPG

Thanks guys, great info! I like how your built your keezer ZuzBrews. Does that fit 3 kegs? Also, do you keep that circulation fan running all the time or only when the compressor runs? Does the cold affect the ITC-1000?

It holds three 3 gallon kegs. I can stack 2 (one on top of the other) on the lower shelf. Circulation fan only runs when the compressor runs. I don't think the cold has affected the ITC-1000.

I'm probably going to end up with something similar to what ZuzBrews did. Does it matter where the freezer's stock thermostat is set at or not?

It probably doesn't matter as the full temperature range of a "normal" chest freezer is entirely below the freezing point of water...

Cheers!

Back