Inside Diamter of a Sanke?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16" -17" according to wikipedia. I'm guessing you mean from inside the handle to handle? It'd be about 15" like Lil' Sparky said.

The outside diameter is generally said to be 15" in diameter. I don't on the gauge thickness of a keg but you can bet the inside diameter is just shy of 15". Sorry, guess that's not all that helpful. If you're trying to determine false bottom sizing, though, I bet there are several people here that can tell you what you need. The Sankey false bottom NB sells is only 11.5" in diameter, which i guess works out due to the dished bottom of the keg.

I'm hoping for something precise. I'm not looking for the diameter handle to handle but the actual ID of the keg itself. Yes, I'm planning on putting in a false bottom and need the dimensions about 1.5 inches from the botom. IIRC the inside wall of the keg is completely flat aside from the seam.
Is anyone near their rig and can get a measurement for me please?

Mine are 14 7/8 but 15 would have fit. I am very happy with my full sized false bottoms and have never had a stuck sparge.

2129643320058020267S500x500Q85.jpg

2318311350058020267S500x500Q85.jpg

Back