Inventory reduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
I had an Autumn mead celebration last night with a few friends, mostly members of our brew club. I've been accumulating a lot of mead and, unlike King Midas, I figured I couldn't take it with me so why not share it with those who appreciate it? About 10 of us had 18 bottles of 15 different meads and I'm paying for it today! Here are nine bottles of nine different meads that I opened before anyone arrived. As the night wore on I just opened the door to the cellar and allowed everyone to choose whatever they wanted to sample. The party broke up about 0100 and nobody left sober.

IMG_3784.JPG

Damn.. sounds like i missed a party i should've attended :)
I've been wanting to sample some mead to see if i like it (and what kind), to decide if i want to make some myself.

Was there a crowd-favorite of the evening?

Cherry, Caramel Apple, Saffron, Traditional Raspberry Blossom, Zinfandel Pyment, Apple/Peach, Blackberry, Raspberry, Dry Pineapple, Cyser, Blueberry, Tropical Fruit, Mixed Berry, Floral, Ancient Orange made with bitter orange peel. They were an appreciative crowd and each had their favorites. I couldn't tell you my favorite either. Maybe the top 3-4 but not a particular favorite.

That sounds wonderful! I hope my cellar is complete enough someday to be able to do that! It sounds like a great tasting evening, and I"m so jealous!

Agreed, i wanted to meet you just to try one of your brews, but apparently knowing you is worth a lot more then one drink haha.

Latest posts

Back