Iodophor explosiong . . . silver lining

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllHoppedUp

Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of my brew day and I go to fetch a bottle of iodophor from the basement - one of the big bottles. It slips out of my hand and when it hits the floor the cap breaks and I have about a third of the bottle all over the floor, walls, and everything else in the room including me. After a few expletives I realize that my feet and flip-flops are covered in iodine. How am I even going to get out of the room to get rags to clean this mess up? Long story short, I made to useful discoveries:

1)A cap off a White Labs vial makes a perfect substitute if you blow the cap off your Iodophor. In fact, I think I'll put one on every new bottle I get. It fits tight but it doesn't go all the way down the neck, making any dribbles easier to rinse off.

2)My flip-flops don't stink anymore.

I think it's time for a homebrew . . .

It slips out of my hand and when it hits the floor the cap breaks and I have about a third of the bottle all over the floor, walls, and everything else in the room including me.

Doesn't that stuff stain pretty quickly? I hope you didn't get any on the furniture. ;)

BTW, SWMBO informed me that I'll be painting the ceiling this week...what since I convinced myself that 5 gallons of Imperial Stout didn't need a blowoff tube in a 6.5 gallon carboy.

Yeah, stains galore. But fortunately it's a room that we haven't updated yet so there's no loss. Beautiful red asbestos tiles on the floor and an 80's style paint job on the walls where someone had fun flinging paint against the walls.

Ha ha - I made the same mistake with an imperial stout. And a weizenbock. Maybe someday I'll learn . . .

Back