Just can't get it right....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
So I tried that cheap vodka in the airlock trick. I filled it up and checked the level, too high. So I drank the excess and checked again, Damn too low. You get the picture? It took me about three hours and a bag of Doritos to get it right. Now my head hurts, and I'm sick of Vodka. Next time I'll just use water. :ban: :ban: :ban:

Doesn't your airlock have a little line on it that specifies how high to add the airlock liquid? Even when I top mine up a little too high, it's usually at the beginning of the fermentation, therefore is usually as vigorous as it is going to get and evaporates out a good portion of the liquid (vodka) I put in the airlock.

Next time just get the vodka level right in the airlock, then consume much homebrew. :rockin:

heinz57 said:
Doesn't your airlock have a little line on it that specifies how high to add the airlock liquid? Even when I top mine up a little too high, it's usually at the beginning of the fermentation, therefore is usually as vigorous as it is going to get and evaporates out a good portion of the liquid (vodka) I put in the airlock.
By the time I realized there was a line I couldn't focus on it....

1. Carefully fill airlock to fill line with plain old tap water
2. Drop four ice cubes into a rocks glass
3. Add Vox until it floats the ice cubes and they make that wonderful "click"
4. Top with soda and a lemon wedge
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until physically incapable
6. Find someone else to repeat steps 2-4 until consciousness ceases

Back