Just say no to True Green Lawn service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They have got to be the worst company I ever stupidly signed a contract with.

posted here opposed to rants because I am not drunk (yet) and this is a public service announcement

They are the company that ropes you into x amount of sprayings over x amount of months, I think. My dad was pissing and moaning about them a few years ago as well.

They are the company that ropes you into x amount of sprayings over x amount of months, I think. My dad was pissing and moaning about them a few years ago as well.

Yep. And it's a fight to get them out between scheduled sprayings to address the weeds they aren't killing.

The one year I had them, I had to call them out three times for a single service. Now you might expect that it just didn't do anything to my lawn, and I needed a re-spraying, but no... I get a bill in the mail, but I never got those little signs in the lawn or the invoice on my door. They went a block over and sprayed someone else's yard. And the best part is that it happened more than once. When I was on the phone complaining, they told me that they must have written down the wrong street, but seemed thoroughly confused when I asked how they seemed to have gotten the right billing address. I don't know how some people remember how to breathe.

But I was able to get out of that contract because they were obviously not fulfilling their end of the obligation. That and I threatened a lawsuit.

Lawns are ridiculous. I've eliminated probably 80% of my turfgrass... and TruGreen. Good riddance to both.

My wife wants to rip out most of the lawn, leave just enough for the dog to have some space and turn the rest into gardens.

I'm starting to lean that direction too.

Some HOAs require you to keep the lawns up. For some people they have no choice and cannot get rid of their grass.

I live in AZ now so it's xeriscape for me soon! Rocks & cactus.

Our "lawn" can be described in one word: Wildscape.

We live in the forest. One 15 minute session with a lively lad per month for the postage stamp of our yard that actually gets sunlight is it. :)

I will be doing some clearing and terracing for a garden next year. Got a little patch of garden in the back , but it doesn't get enough light so I'm moving that operation for next season.

Life is good in the woods.

Back