Kegerator Pick Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40oz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to pick up a Kegerator and finally get into kegging. I've been buying products form Morebeer online and have been pretty Happy here on the west coast with them. I was looking at their dual tap Kegerator but couldn't find any reviews.

Anyone have one or experience with theirs?

They list for $650, but not sure if there is something comparable or better for the around the same price maybe on Amazon or elsewhere.

Thanks!

Hi,

Looking to pick up a Kegerator and finally get into kegging. I've been buying products form Morebeer online and have been pretty Happy here on the west coast with them. I was looking at their dual tap Kegerator but couldn't find any reviews.

Anyone have one or experience with theirs?

They list for $650, but not sure if there is something comparable or better for the around the same price maybe on Amazon or elsewhere.

Thanks!

I would just build your own. Its a lot of fun and not that much work and you can customize it your way. You need a freezer and a few planks of wood, some brackets and screws.

Hey Neighbor, thanks for the reply.

No matter what I build it'll have to be a frig on wheels to be mobile. Wish I had had the room to build something different other than a dual tap sitting on top of a mini frig but that's all I can do at this point. If it's cheaper buying the two components then that would be worth doing, but for what I need it almost seems less time consuming buying a pre-made.

But if I can for the same price build the same thing with better parts (frig & kit) then what would be a recommendation

Thanks!

I would just build your own. Its a lot of fun and not that much work and you can customize it your way. You need a freezer and a few planks of wood, some brackets and screws.

Hey Neighbor, thanks for the reply.

No matter what I build it'll have to be a frig on wheels to be mobile. Wish I had had the room to build something different other than a dual tap sitting on top of a mini frig but that's all I can do at this point. If it's cheaper buying the two components then that would be worth doing, but for what I need it almost seems less time consuming buying a pre-made.

But if I can for the same price build the same thing with better parts (frig & kit) then what would be a recommendation

Thanks!

It's all a combination of money, space, your ability at basic DIY etc.
You can see a lot of designs in this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=29053

I personally (and everyone has their biases) don't like tower setup. I also prefer freezer chests over fridges.

I basically did the following design:
http://www.themadfermentationist.com/2015/02/how-to-build-keezer-collar.html
(minus staining the wood, that's too much work, and I like bare wood look).

The advantage is that you decide the placing and the number of taps, and it is easily expandable. The lines stay cold (in the tower design you may have to worry about the tower warming up the lines and bear coming out foamy.

I would get a freezer as large as your space allows. I think I went with 10.6 cu ft for $300 including delivery, and it fits 9 kegs - so over a few months, I expanded from 2 taps originally to 9 taps currently, including 3 nitro taps.
The collar took me about 2-3 hours to build by the way. Maybe another hour of shopping in Home Depot, measuring and cutting the wood. The wood, brackets and screws were all under $100. I want to say maybe $60-80. Cedar/Pine is super cheap, the hardwood for the outer planks was the most expensive.

IMG_3485.jpg

Back