Kegerator Tap Expansion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmasters Warehouse

Reaction score
I decided I was tired of having just 2 taps on my kegerator, so I decided to go ahead and expand to 5 taps.

My original setup was 2 kegs in a fridge with a 20lb CO2 tank all inside of the fridge. With the kegs and tank I could squeeze in another tank for an emergency crash cool or force carb, but there was not enough room to keep a third keg permanently.

Pic of inside of the fridge with the old setup:

oldinside.jpg

Pic of the outside of the old setup:

oldoutside.jpg

Step 1 of the project is to move the CO2 tank outside of the fridge. I drilla couple of pilot holes to test for any coolant lines. Everything was goo, so I broke out the hole saw and drilled 2 holes in the side of the fridge to run the CO2 lines inside. I went with 5 taps, using a 4 port manifold, and have 1 tap directly hook to the second body of the reg. That way I can have 1 kg that I can force carb under high pressure, or carb to a higher level without affecting the other 4 taps.

Pic of the manifold installed. You can see the holes inthe side of the fridge at the bottom:

newmanifold.jpg

With the gas lines all set I moved on to mounting the faucets:

holesdrilled.jpg

More to follow.

Here is a pic of the new faucets installed:

newfaucets.jpg

A pic of my project assistant:

helper.jpg

A pic of the new CO2 from the outside of the fridge. I used some pipe insulation to keep the cold in the fridge. So far you can not even feel any draft coming. The insulation was pushed all the way through the fridge.

newco2.jpg

A final pic of the fridge full of 5 kegs.

newfull.jpg

Now I just need to get a drip tray long enough for the spacing I used for the taps.

Very nice. I'm still using a bunch of picnic taps in my garage fridge. A keezer for my office is still a long way down the project list.

:rockin:

Excellent, Ed. I am about to build my 4-tap kegerator from what looks to be a similar fridge and was wondering how to go about putting the tank on the outside. Now I know. Thanks. :)

Excellent, Ed. I am about to build my 4-tap kegerator from what looks to be a similar fridge and was wondering how to go about putting the tank on the outside. Now I know. Thanks. :)

Getting the tank outside was not hard at all. Of course if you hit a coolant line then you need a new fridge. My fridge was a freebie from a friend that no longer needed/wanted it, which made it easier to drill into the side. My tank + reg took up half of the inside of the fridge, so I had to put it on the outside if I ever wanted to get more than 2 taps going.

She was wondering why is he taking a picture of me, when all I want to do is pull the airlock out of the carboy again. I must of told her no touching the airlock a hundred times yesterday while she was "helping" me.

I thought the face was more of a "Look at all the choices, what ever will i have..."

Back