Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Beer Buster
Reaction score
I have been looking for a keg to make a kettle out of for some time now and even pondered just getting a brew pot to use on my burner but relly wanted to get inside the house in my basement. I have just bought all the parts including a Ranco for my HLT which really made me thing that I dont want to do 1/2 inside and 1/2 outside. I just came across some cash from a side job and have decided that Im going to go this route from high Gravity Brew Supply unless someone here tells me I can get a better deal somewhere else. $270 shipped to my door with 3500w low density with cord and plug and ball valve. I dont have welding skills or even know a welder.
http://www.highgravitybrew.com/Prod...tric-Brew-Kettle-w-3500W-Element-157p2352.htm

ask if its a 15 gal. or 13 gal. I was in the shop the other day getting my grains and the one they have out on display was a 13 gal I think. but it looks nice,I rubbed one off on it for ya.:drunk:

Hmmm, it states 15 on the site but Id take a 13 for a reduced price, I dont do more then 5 gallon batches and that would work well even with a big brew!

if they say 15,then you get a 15. the one on display looks smaller than my 15.gal keggle. its plug and play so go for it. You could ask about a smaller one if you only do small batches and save some coin. Its a nice shop with good people.

I have seen that people do stuff like this but didn't know they do it for other people with the exception of Jaybird cause thats his business and have seen his beautiful work but didnt see any kegs there for sale.

Thanks buzzkill! He ended up selling me the 13 gallon one on display fro $189!:ban: I added a bunch of stuff to the order to bring it back up to $256
A weldbgone thermosight with Thermo and bazooka screen.

Wade, I got to get you over here to see my RIMS setup. :mug:
I might be brewing Wed. or any day next week. Another guy might make it Sunday or a week from Sunday. Let me know if your still interested.

I have a couple extra kegs and I've built a couple E-keggles, think there would be a market for one or two of these in classifieds?

i would think so. hell, if you would have posted them up last week I'd probably bought one. :eek: what were you thinking on price? pics?

seems to be an influx of people going electric (me included). i'd give it a shot.

Not sure exactly. I have two extra kegs that I don't have plans for currently so I'd just build out of that. I'd have to factor in costs of the element, cord, SS nut for the inside. Think people would want the ball-valve and diptube etc? I have found that shipping a keg is around $30

Yea! Please decide on a price and post! It seems that quite a few people are looking (myself included but I am sure those are out of my budget).

I have a couple extra kegs and I've built a couple E-keggles, think there would be a market for one or two of these in classifieds?

Let me know if you move em. I got some extras too - probably wait till spring on mine.

Dont worry about hijacking this thread, Ive pretty much said what needed to be said and you surely should be offering these if you have the time an knowledge. I would have most likely bought one off ya!

Thanks Wade, after some discussions in another thread it still seems to be best to build a whole SSR/PID combination, and I'd want to add in the cord to hook up to a 30 amp dryer outlet, so basically rebuilding the system I currently have, and the price tag on that would be something like $300, not sure that anyone would find that to be a "deal" like I was hoping to make.

I think people would pay it fr plug and play system but do you really need the SSR?PID on a brew pot? Definitely on a HLT though. I think that part should be optional and you might sell more of one or the other. I know at High gravity the 15.5 Keggle with 3500w and ball valve is $259 plus 9.99 shipping without any controls and no barb either. Im willing to bet you could beat that without then SSr and stuff.

Keggle Math:
$50 - 1/2 barrel keg
$15 - plasma cut
$30 - bulkhead and valve
$20 - element
$90 - gfci cord
$25 - box, switches, wires
$80 - pid, ssr, probe

So, that's $310 with no profit.

So basically $205 for what Im getting which would be cheaper except Im getting a 13 gallon model which is why mine is cheaper with no profit, yeah, youd have to gt the keg for free to make any profit!

Latest posts

Back