Lack of motivation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayof2day

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been hard pressed to get anything done lately. I spend all day at work surfing HBT, but not responding or posting, I go home and I can't get myself to finish the stirplate I started 3 months ago (don't ask, there's been a lot of hiccups in that one). As some may remember my wife and I are moving to Madison soon. That's going well, we found a place we want to live, but we're moving on the 31st, and we haven't done jack to get ready for the move. We have to pack up all of our stuff, clean, paint our current apartment back to white. I have a CRAPLOAD stuff to do at work. I need to clean my desk up, re-type lab protocols as they haven't been updated in nearly 2 years, I'm training a new guy and I'm supposed to write 2 papers before I leave. I haven't even been able to get myselfe motivated enough to BREW one last time before we leave, that's how serious this is!! I'm not motivated to brew and I'm OUT of beer!

Anyone else ever get in a funk this bad before?

Thats my rant, thanks for reading.

Matt

"Suck it up Nancy-boy"...Frank Barone

As long as you have beer on hand you don't need to brew.

You need to get your butt in gear and ready for the move. It's not going to happen all by itself.

Moving day will get here all too soon and will you even have made one plan?

People don't plan to fail...they fail to plan.

Natural resistance to change. I go through it every year with yard work when the weather gets nice in the spring. Just can't get motivated to change my routine.

Take a small easy step and you'll soon find your focus shifted and your energy renewed.

Put brewing on the back burner for now. Start imagining your first brew session in your new place.

And...."suck it up nancy boy..." :D

Been there many times. My company's first product hit a snag, my RV is busted again, I have 3 acres of 3 foot tall grass to mow, I think it's called "being alive".

Pack the brewing gear first. There's good breweries in and around Madison, so it's only reasonable that you do some sampling and you won't have any homebrew ...

Latest posts

Back