Late Hops-Haus Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salzar

Reaction score
On Saturday, decided to make the haus pale ale. Thinking I had plenty of cascade and nugget in the fridge, my plan was to use 0.5oz of nugget at 60min, and .5oz cascade at 20min, .25oz at 10 and .25oz at 1min. To my surprise at 430pm, when I decided to weigh my hops, I discovered I had no cascade but only a half oz sterling, and Morebeer had just closed:(.

So I decided to add both the half oz of nugget and the 1/4 oz of sterling at 60minutes, to try to get the most IBU. I was wondering if there was a method for adding the flavor and aroma hops after fermentation has started.

I was wondering if there was a method for adding the flavor and aroma hops after fermentation has started.
As Yuri says, dry-hopping is probably your best bet.

There's some discussion too over the effectiveness of adding a french press of steeped hops after fermentation ( https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=55721 ). It might be a nice alternative to DH-ing, or it might suck ass. I'll let you know when my current side-by-side batch is ready.

It is almost time to dry hop this beer! :ban:

I have 3 types of pellet hops on hand: summit,cascade,armarillo.

When I smell them each individually the armarillo has a more citrusy smell. Thou I was wondering if the tangerine smell would come out with the summit hops.

Any opinions, on which ones and how much?

The original is all Cascade, so that's a surefire winner. Ed's been talking about doing a variation with Amarillo, and I'm sure it would work quite nicely. Summit would be my last choice.

Back