Lightning fast service (again) from NB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
Wednesday afternoon I ordered ingredients from Norther Brewer to make a batch of California Common this weekend. This was my 3rd order from them in recent weeks. This time the UPS guy came today at about 10:30. I was worried yesterday when I tried to track the order because it just said "billing information received" or something like that. But this morning when I tracked it, UPS said it was already out on the truck for delivery. Man, did they put that stuff in the Star Trek transporter or something?

All three times I have ordered from them I have been extremely impressed at how fast my order arrived.

You have to love ordering from someplace almost local.
I orders from Grape and Granary on a Sunday and received the box on Tuesday, grains crushed and everything. Now my recent order from More Beer is taking a little longer, but shipping was free and I'm not yet ready for my next brew.
Craig

mmditter said:
Wednesday afternoon I ordered ingredients from Norther Brewer to make a batch of California Common this weekend. This was my 3rd order from them in recent weeks. This time the UPS guy came today at about 10:30. I was worried yesterday when I tried to track the order because it just said "billing information received" or something like that. But this morning when I tracked it, UPS said it was already out on the truck for delivery. Man, did they put that stuff in the Star Trek transporter or something?

All three times I have ordered from them I have been extremely impressed at how fast my order arrived.

I love NB too, because they provide a chart to show (based on region) how long stuff will take to get to you. Their prices are great, the quality is high, and customer support is awesome.

I tend to order a lot of stuff from listermann's, since they're about 1.5 hours away and have free shipping on anything over $39. I usually get my order the next day, shipped free. Can't beat that. Grain prices aren't the best though, if I order enough it might be cheaper to order from north country and pay shipping...

Proximity to the homebrew shop is the key. I've ordered from NB on a Sunday night and not received it until Thursday. Its simply because Im in VA....it shipped out the next day. That is why I order from homebrew.com, because they are pretty darn close to me. Nothing like ordering one day and receiving it the next. I share your excitement.

I've been ordering from austinhomebrew.com. The last time I ordered around 4pm and it was here the next day (close proximity). This week I ordered Wed morning, but it didn't ship out until today. I was hoping to brew tomorrow, but the UPS guy usually doesn't deliver stuff until late afternoon or evening. :(

I was spoiled in CO Springs with several LHBSs. Here I've got to drive over an hour to get to one, so it's "easier" to just order online.

i live up in upstate New york. all the lbhs are an hour plus away and well im not impressed with any of them. i have ordered a lot of equipmet from NB. like on sunday i ordered all my all grain equpiment and a burner i had everthing on thursday and firday. i also made a mistake with the thermometers i orderd so i reordered them on thursday and i got them today. man there service is great. i would recomend them to anyone.:ban:

We have a local brewery about an hour away and I can drive down and pick up grains and yeast. They sell to homebrewers at near wholesale and give yeast away free of charge (what a great group of people!)

Anything else in the line of equipment I get from NB. I tried ordering from midwest once but when I called them about a mistake on the order the CS guy was very rude. The kicker is that they shipped a 30 QT stainless steel brewkettle and didnt charge me! I figure if the guy is rude when Im trying to correct a $100 error in THEIR favor, if I ever have a problem on my end I would be screwed LOL!

Back