Long hard weekend ths far. Good to kick back with a brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Up all last night with my 20 mos. old daughter. She was hacking and wheezing, could not get comfortable or breathe very well. My wife took her to the ER this morning as she was only getting worse.

Turns out she has a wicked case of croup. First time dealing with this for us. Poor little thing has been through all kinds of nasty stuff today. X-rays, injections, vapor medications and steroids. Plus having to sit in an oxygen vapor tent. She was not going for it. So I spent the afternoon and most of the evening in there with her. My 4 year old son is a bit uneasy with it all too. Plus there is the possibility we may have to transfer her to a better equipped hospital an hour away if she gets any worse so they can shove a tube down her throat. On standby... My wife elected to stay with her tonight at the hospital.

So here I am. Tired as hell sitting at my sons bedside. Fortunately he went to sleep. Me, I guess I'll have a beer. As tired as I am I cannot sleep.

How's everybody else doing? :tank:

I am at work right now till 3am in this crazy ER.
I am also back here from 3p-3a again tomorrow and missing the superbowl.

Good luck with your kids.

Well since I am still up and having some brews might as well watch a classic movie...

STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Hang in there! Mine are 13 and 9, and they both went through what you're poor daughter is going through now.

Hope she's better soon.

I feel for you Zym. My kids are fairly healthy so far, but I know the helpless feeling of watching her while she's hooked to all them tubes.

Here's to her feeling better soon.:mug:

Me? I've been working in this hospital. A wacky family came in and the dad sat in the oxygen tent with his daughter for hours at a time.

Latest posts

Back