Maple syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodHokie4

Reaction score
Question:. You've just been given a qt of maple syrup to use as you wish. What would you brew with it?

I'd ferment and keep sweet 1.020 and if you could get more then keep it for the griddle cakes:)

You got me thinking about maple syrup so I called my bee lady (not good prices on honey) but she gives me pure maple syrup from WVa for 10$ a quart so I'm picking up a gallon today for 40$

I'm going to make up a 1 gal batch about 1.100 and see how it turns out.

Plan is to do 2 feedings of nutrients, one at the beginning and one at 1.055, then cold crash at 1.020 to keep it nice and sweet and retain as much maple flavor as possible.

Not anything special but you've started a fire under my butt I can't put out unless I try some maple yum.

The rest will go to alot of French toast and local sausage.

Maple bacon wine. I already got the recipe in the works! Once my next batch is done, I'm planning to start the grand experiment.

Yeasted waffles with DME and/or spent grain.

I can't get syrup to ferment nicely. Either it ferments out and contributes absolutely nothing, or it ends up cloying and tastes like a bad kit that used hopped malt extract.

Question:. You've just been given a qt of maple syrup to use as you wish. What would you brew with it?

I just found a 5 gallon jug of Maple Syrup.
It was $40. (8 dollars a gallon!)

I'm planning a fruited acermead.
2 (or more) quarts of Maple Syrup,
plus 6 pounds of honey, with 3
quarts of blackberry and blueberry
juice.

I'm thinking RedStar Montrachet
yeast.

steve

Back