Martinellis Hard Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfbrewer

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a cider that tasted similar to Martinellis sparkling cider? I would like to make something similar to that but perhaps a little dryer. Any suggestions or recipes? Thanks for the help.

I've made Hard cider from Martinellis juice. And they did start out making hard cider, but switched around prohibition time, grab the juice and ferment it out!

I haven't made cider yet, do you suggest doing anything special with it or just adding some yeaast and lettin' her rip?

My personal opinion is that anyone that wants to get into making cider should do it simple first. Just throw some cider/juice in a carboy/fermenter, throw in some yeast, slap on a airlock and "let her rip" Of course making sure to sanitize everything that touches your brew first, but other then that you're good to go. After a few weeks, go ahead and rack it to a new container to let it age and clear. When clear, bottle away and either enjoy or if your patience allows, let it age some more.

Thanks, I was thinking of just going the simple route like you say. I've been brewing for years but just recently started thinking about cider and maybe even some wine. Your TJ's Triple Berry Wine sounds interesting, would you mind elaborating? Thanks.

Well, SWMBO recently showed some interest in my hobby. We were shopping at her local trader joes and saw this juice and asked if I could make wine from it. I said yes if she'd help. Well, she didn't really do anything, but I still call it her wine. It is only 32oz, yes, only 1/4 gallon, because she bought one jar of it. I added 1.5 Cups of sugar and a bit of water to dissolve the sugar and added it to the juice. This netted me an SG of 1.114. I used D47 in hopes of leaving this in the sweet to possible desert sweet range. I imagine I will still need to add some sugar to backsweeten, as her taste buds are in the Mascato d'Asti range. But with 14% and some good sweetness, it should make for 3 375's of some interesting brew.

I've never tasted the juice myself, but she did pick up another one of them so we could try the juice by itself. I will be seeing her tonight, so I can report back on the juice's taste as well as the progress of the wine, as it is living at her place till it ages and clears. Oh and I did primary ferment one of my buckets and transferred it back into the glass juice jug and fixed it up with a stopper and airlock.

Latest posts

Back