Monster Mill MM2 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I can't find much information on this mill online. I figured someone here must have one that can answer a few questions for me. My main question would be about the roller adjustment. Do both ends of the mill move when adjusting? I have an older Schmidling Mill currently, and only one end moves for roller adjustments. It's time for the rollers to be replaced as the nurlling on them is worn smooth, so I am looking into other mills at he same time. I like the idea of both ends of the rollers moving for adjustments for a finer tune of he crush. Also, if you do have this mill, would you recommend it to others?

I put the one at the store @ .037 and its a KILLER crush! We love it and have probably crushed 10 to 15 thousand pounds with it (OR MORE) in the last 3 years. I did have to replace the end plates last year because we wore them out but its a solid mill for sure. I think he just made some improvements to it as well to make the slipping problem of the rollers go away.

Good luck

Jay

Does anyone know where the set screw is for an MM2?
Thank you

Set screw? There are 2 adjustment bolts on the back of the mill. Loosen those and use the rollers on the side to adjust the mill. IF there is a bunch of grain dust in the mill it may be hard to move and you might need to use some channel locks or a tool like that but the 1/4" bolts behind the adjustable roller is the 2 you need to loosen up to get the roller to move.

Cheers
Jay

Back