My Mead Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxTheSpy

Reaction score
First column, Fruit perhaps? should you choose to use it, though the sugars would be iffy as no two fruits are really the same.
Why the brix converter? Doesn't your hydrometer have the SG scale on it?

First column, Fruit perhaps? should you choose to use it, though the sugars would be iffy as no two fruits are really the same.
Why the brix converter? Doesn't your hydrometer have the SG scale on it?

Yeah it has both brix and SG, mostly because I spin the hydrometer to get the bubbless off of it, so wheichever side is facing me Ill use and convert if needed.

ok, I keep messing with mine till I can read the SG. never occurred to me to do otherwise.

Its just one of my little practices, as soon as it settles I read whatever scale is up front without messing with it. Not sure if it really matters but Ive been doing it that way for the last 8ish years.

Downloaded this from the docs page. I am blind and thusly I can't read a hydrometer. This is the greatest thing I have ever used in homebrewing! I feel like I have a little more insight on it now. Thank you so much. Again fruit would be nice if it were there, also I had a recipe that goes as folllows:
Honey: 2.00
Cider: 2.5 gal
Grain Wort: 1 gallon.
Here's my question. I interpretted the grain wort category to be the batch size of the base. I had taken a pound of malt, distributed at .75 crystal 60L and .25 carapils. I steeped this malt in gallon of water and boiled for an hour leaving about .8 gallons or so. Am I doing the input correctly?

Downloaded this from the docs page. I am blind and thusly I can't read a hydrometer. This is the greatest thing I have ever used in homebrewing! I feel like I have a little more insight on it now. Thank you so much. Again fruit would be nice if it were there, also I had a recipe that goes as folllows:
Honey: 2.00
Cider: 2.5 gal
Grain Wort: 1 gallon.
Here's my question. I interpretted the grain wort category to be the batch size of the base. I had taken a pound of malt, distributed at .75 crystal 60L and .25 carapils. I steeped this malt in gallon of water and boiled for an hour leaving about .8 gallons or so. Am I doing the input correctly?

Im not entirely sure, I havent used grain wort to make mead before. If there is a section that you want me to add in the spreadsheet let me know and I can send you an edited version of this that includes what you want.

Im not entirely sure, I havent used grain wort to make mead before. If there is a section that you want me to add in the spreadsheet let me know and I can send you an edited version of this that includes what you want.
So, here's the thing I am wondering. Would it be possible to add a fruit column to the SG calculator? Would it be able to be factored into the equation? I figure not, given that have different specific gravities. If it is possible that'd be great, but either way, the spreadsheet is great. Thank you so much for the resource.

So, here's the thing I am wondering. Would it be possible to add a fruit column to the SG calculator? Would it be able to be factored into the equation? I figure not, given that have different specific gravities. If it is possible that'd be great, but either way, the spreadsheet is great. Thank you so much for the resource.

Im not sure if that is possible, at least not on my scale. I wouldnt even know where to start.

Back