Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hong Kong?

are there pine trees in hong kong? i noticed a few at the bottom right of that pic? and am i wrong in thinking being that the ocean is on the left, it's a west coast of somewhere? (it's like a weird unspoken rule to only take pictures of the coast facing north right? 🤣)

are there pine trees in hong kong? i noticed a few at the bottom right of that pic? and am i wrong in thinking being that the ocean is on the left, it's a west coast of somewhere? (it's like a weird unspoken rule to only take pictures of the coast facing north right? 🤣)
Not sure about pines in Hong Kong. I figured it was a long shot. At least it might cross one off the list.

Not sure about pines in Hong Kong. I figured it was a long shot. At least it might cross one off the list.

i was liking northern west coast south america....being oregon washington were removed from play....(i actually had chile, and brazil mixed up i thought brazil was little one on the west coast :()

middle right, blown up 300%...looks like that truck is on right side facing forward?

1651808405254.png

even if the angeled nose in front isn't proof, it's parked on the right?

edit: looking at it more, maybe it's street shop? still think it's a parked truck facing forward on the right side of the road though?

really, what i'm google'fuing...is rivers that end at the ocean, in tropical regions that have a couple pine trees? which is why i like north west south america for it?

and damn, i really wish i could descrive dual 'round' hotel resorts this would be a chinch....

Cape Coral, Fl | Fort myers, FL? i only see one river like in the back ground on the west coast of florida...if florida is even it....

so to recap my brain publicly...it's south of the equator, it's an eastern coast, they presumably drive on the right, and it's not brazil? that pretty much leave's Venzeula uraguay, and madacascar? and there's obviously a contributary to the ocean in plain sight in the photo....

wait and there are sparse pine trees too....

wait to narrow it down more...is it just southern 'angle'? or more east or west?

edit: i hope this is another good one, and someone tells me how much a night's stay in one of the 'round' tall buildings costs!

Last edited:
It is primarily South but slightly East

damn, north by south america then, gotta hit the google maps for a ocean constiuary i saw some when i was scrolling by earlier....

and you know how to run a good play! :mug: i'll still have fun if it's india! (but your sheer refusal to deny south america makes it doubtful)

edit: i hope this is another good one, and someone tells me how much a night's stay in one of the 'round' tall buildings costs!
I couldn't get a price on the round tower on the right side of the picture, but the tall building to the left of that can be done for $220 right now. I don't know if that a backside price leader and, of course, the weather for this place is 60 something to 70 something and rain for the week, so you might want to wait a bit. :)

Last edited:
Well...it's raining in singapore for a week, but not venzeula, columbia, or argintina....but it's 80+f....

edit: damn, singapore drives on the left....

the weather report matches uruguay....

Last edited:
Not Madagascar. Not Uruguay.

argentina it is then! (according to the weather if Moody Double Blow can be believed...and it's only raining in a small spot?)

edit: nothing similar or close to a model rocket is it?

edit: but i scroll google maps, looking for a river that goes to the ocean....comin up empty, except montavideo.....but it doesn't have the hill....

Last edited:
well this is one hell of a work out for half drunk brain...maybe if i do enough of it, i won't worry about losing my balance on a ladder and falling.... :mug:

Hint: this country’s East Coast is considered a surfers paradise.

that's heated up leftovers!

damn, this came on and now i need to look at Fiji!

i don't see any pine trees in fiji? would be a surfing place.....but googling hotels places usually just show's me the inside of the rooms. which i'm sure if i brought a UV flashlight too, would creep me out.....

Last edited:
Back