Natural Gas Users - Hose Size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oujens

Reaction score
I am currently researching how to convert my KAB4 to natural gas. After reviewing multiple threads, I am unclear on the hose size. What ID hose should I purchase? Will 3/8 hose work? I have a 1/2 supply pipe installed on my patio by homebuilder and purchased the Hurricane natural gas orifice to replace the propane one that comes with the KAB4. Also, is 10 ft too much?

Thanks

Keep everything as large and as short as possible. If you have 1/2" connection, it would be best to continue 1/2" all the way to your appliance. And again, keep the hose length to a minimum as required.

Keep everything as large and as short as possible. If you have 1/2" connection, it would be best to continue 1/2" all the way to your appliance. And again, keep the hose length to a minimum as required.

This is all accurate. The only thing I can add is to get full port ball valves if you can, since standard port reduces flow too.

Thanks for the responses. I don't need a long hose but I would like to brew further away from my back door. Shorter will be fine. Hope this works!

Back