Need All Grain BIAB Stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm real close to going to MIAB. I need a bag and can't find one online. Also will the screen/straining tube inplace of the false bottom? What are items are needed? I have been doing Malt Extract in the kits.

You need a pot, bag, and that's it. You can use a 5 galllon paint strainer bag from one of the big box hardware stores and do it stovetop if you want. Helps to have a second pot to sparge in to extract better. There is a member here who makes bags for BIAB too. You could always use a fine mesh grain bag from your LHBS if they have one big enough too. Check out the sticky.

You need a pot and strainer basket big enough to do a full volume mash, a voile bag, a heat source, a good thermometer, and a way to hold the bag out of the wort and over the pot.

For 5 gallon batches, the grain bill will be in the 12-15 lbs range, and you'll need about 8 or 9 gallons of water.

A keggle with a drain valve works perfectly, but you still need the strainer basket, so going for a SS pot/strainer basket combo may be a good option for you.

Back