New 2.5 gal kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigChas

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a couple of new 2.5 - 3.0 gal kegs. Anything I should look for or avoid. Any recommendations on where best place to buy might be. It seems that the torpedo kegs are a tad mor expensive, but i like the stacking concept. Any thoughts on those?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have several torpedo kegs. If I were looking to get 2.5 gallon kegs I'd probably get the Torpedoes. They do stack which if your keezer/kegerator can handle the height, is a very nice touch--you can stack two and both can have QDs in place.

Be aware, though, that they will stack taller than a single 5-gallon keg, but that's true with any 2.5-gallon keg.

I've started buying the slim 5 gal torpedo kegs to squeeze more into my keezer. They're nice but more expensive than other brands. If you don't care about the stacking feature and aren't getting the slim ones(I don't think that's an option for 2.5 gal) then you really don't need to pay the extra money.

Back