New blog posts today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few new blog posts on the bio reactor and deoxygenation update.

http://www.********************/brewing-methods/deoxygenation-revisited/

Outstanding work. The data are convincing to say the least. I have done the 'boil first' technique several times, but the YOS method (1gr/per gallon x 2), only once. I have only tasted the results of the 'boil first'. Your data indicate to me that the YOS method is quicker, lasts longer and has no negative effects. The only negative experience with my single YOS was a small amount of yeast deposit on the electric elements of my boil pot which was easily removed while cleaning. It's in the final stages of fermentation and lagering so final tasting is yet to come. That said, I can detect no off flavors or ill effects from YOS. Quite to the contrary it seems to be a simple no-brainer way to de-oxygenate strike water.

I can only assume, based on your data, that the positive results I've gotten previously from boiling and chilling strike water will also be the same (or better) with significantly less effort. Many thanks for your great work.

Brooo Brother

Back