New England Brew Session & yankee enginuity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the severity of the winter storm that we are experiencing right now, I'm seriously considering to move the event to Sunday. Even if the storm was to pass tomorrow morning, the roads will still be bad leading to an unnecessary long and potentially dangerous drive for most of the ones who planned to come (actually just the Bird at this point).

I'm trying to get in touch with Boston to see if and when he leaves on Sunday.

Would others be able to come if the event was on Sunday (3/18)?

Kai

SUNDAY it is.

I just talked to Boston and he is fine with that day.

PM me if you need directions (and I assume you need).

Kai

Kaiser said:
Given the severity of the winter storm that we are experiencing right now, I'm seriously considering to move the event to Sunday. Even if the storm was to pass tomorrow morning, the roads will still be bad leading to an unnecessary long and potentially dangerous drive for most of the ones who planned to come (actually just the Bird at this point).

Is it bad down there? Just cloudy way up here so far.

knights of Gambrinus said:
Is it bad down there? Just cloudy way up here so far.
It's snowing sideways in downtown Boston right now, about an inch on the ground. I find it hard to complain about snow, being that we've only had 6 inches ALL WINTER, but this is bunk. Bring on the Spring.

only 6 inches???

yeah, you should not complain. :mad:

All the rain we have had this week we are finally down to about 6 inches...

No More please. I was just starting to see brown. :(

Have fun guys, hope it works out for you. :mug:

I got into Manchester yesterday just before the snow started to fall. I don't miss driving in that crap. I'll be hanging my hat in Northboro until Monday morning. Kai, I will see you Sunday morning @ 10. Bird, hope to see you, also.
It just dawned on me that I met my wife 22 years ago today right here in Northboro. Or was it Westboro. Can't remember, it was St. Patty's day and I was hammered.

Man, I'm totally running the risk of being named the NE Brew Session flake here but I just couldn't make it. I got home from working the bar last night at 4:00AM. Most exhausting work experience of my life. Three keg changes on the Guiness. 32, yes 32 cases of BUD LIGHT alone carried up the cellar stairs. Asleep at 5. The good part? $400 in tips. I just ordered the counterpressure bottle filler, baby. :rockin:

Anyway I hope you guys are having a great day and I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I'm thinking of putting a gathering together mid/late summer down on Cape Cod, so if I can get the details together I'll let you all know. Peace, and happy brewing!!!:mug:

Fiery Sword said:
Man, I'm totally running the risk of being named the NE Brew Session flake here but I just couldn't make it. I got home from working the bar last night at 4:00AM. Most exhausting work experience of my life. Three keg changes on the Guiness. 32, yes 32 cases of BUD LIGHT alone carried up the cellar stairs. Asleep at 5. The good part? $400 in tips. I just ordered the counterpressure bottle filler, baby. :rockin:

Anyway I hope you guys are having a great day and I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I'm thinking of putting a gathering together mid/late summer down on Cape Cod, so if I can get the details together I'll let you all know. Peace, and happy brewing!!!:mug:
What bar is it you work at?

Went great. Quiet, it was just Boston, Kai, and myself. Kai smoked up some kick-ass pork shoulder. Had a few of his awesome beers, shared some Murder In The Red Barn. Walker called Boston to ***** and moan about his stuck mash. Brewing went pretty smooth, I hit my mash target balls-on. My efficiency was lame, but I had forgotten my PH buffer (Kai checked, and my PH was a little high).

Got lost something fierce on the way home, so I kept driving southwest (I knew I'd hit Rt. 2 eventually).

Good time, though. Thanks again for hosting!

Had to pull up this old thread to check the date. Almost a year to the day since I popped my AG cherry.Doing a sort of amber ale today. Sort of because it's stuff I have lieing around that fits to style according to Brewsmith. Getting some snow and it's tough getting up to strike temp this AM. :ban: :ban: :rockin:

It's almost the one year anniversay of YI! Grats to us!

It's been a lot of fun, I'd like to thank Glib again for getting this going. Met a lot of great folks on this board as a result of these get-togethers.

Who's hosting next? ;)

the_bird said:
You know, even if we don't brew, we should have a party or something this winter. Let's all crash Glib's house! :D
We could probably work something out My lovely partner kicked me and the kids out last weekend for a girls night out.
I'm sure I could do the same for a boys night out. If Hippie comes, just remember your ear plugs if you plan on getting any sleep.;)

Glibbidy said:
We could probably work something out My lovely partner kicked me and the kids out last weekend for a girls night out.
I'm sure I could do the same for a boys night out. If Hippie comes, just remember your ear plugs if you plan on getting any sleep.;)

Ray's place is within walking (er... stumbling) distance, ain't it? ;)

Are we going to have another gathering this winter? I'm up for hosting one in March, but wasn't sure if someone else is planning something earlier.

Kai

I don't think there's another brew session planned until spring (evanmars has offered to host). If Glib *does* host a drinking session next month (I *was* joking about crashing his place, but it would be fun ;)), it'd be up to him whether we wanted to make that a brew-session, too.

the_bird said:
I don't think there's another brew session planned until spring (evanmars has offered to host). If Glib *does* host a drinking session next month (I *was* joking about crashing his place, but it would be fun ;)), it'd be up to him whether we wanted to make that a brew-session, too.

I don't need a brew session. A drinking session is even better.

Kai

Glibbidy said:
If Hippie comes, just remember your ear plugs if you plan on getting any sleep.;)

Nice... The first time I come here in around a month and this is what I read:mad:

Can I help it if my nose is ****ed up?:p

I'd be interested in either, drinking or brewing sessions. If you guys are interested in an eastern Mass session I'm willing to play host. If you are looking more western Ma I'm willing to drive. (OK ,maybe not so much drinking and driving down the Pike from western Ma, you know what I mean.)

PTN

I might be able to make a Saturday. My equipment will have to stay home, but I would love to help out.

Saturday would work best for me (although I'd make a Friday work, too :D)

What about Jester? Maybe we can get he (and Red ;)) to make the trip down from up north.

Saturday doesn't work for me. We are going to my father in law's. I can't get out of this as this.

Kai

Are we talking THIS weekend? If so, Friday would work, Saturday, not so much. I hadn't picked up that we were talking any specific dates yet, though.

Back