new guy from MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilensMort

Reaction score
just found the site. had already taken my first foray into mead making. unlike the "ancient Mead" listed here I didn't use any yeast. the thing about honey, it's anti microbial. however, yeast will survive in it.

and what most people don't realize, is that you don't have to boil the must, only the water you will be adding, if just using fruit and honey.

while I don't do anything fancy like cysers or pyments, as long as you don't pasteurize your honey, you won't need to add yeast, unless you want a specific style or flavor.

Kzoo is awesome! My daughter went to Western for 2 years and played flute in the marching band, so we got to watch the worst team the Broncos ever put out onto Waldo field. I think they won 1 game all season.

Lots of good beer-related things to do in Kzoo. Haven't been there in about 2 years so there's probably a couple of new microbreweries popped up since then.

Back