Nicholas Cage...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DesertBrew said:
Thanks olllllo for confirming why I keep passing up renting that, even for $1....

Ditto! I clicked away after 90 seconds. What a waste of bandwidth. :D

Me, I'm a fan of John Wayne. The Duke!

I am getting into this late, but.....Jesus H christ! Doesn't anyone know who David Lynch is?
"Wild At Heart" is probably Nicholas Cage's best movie ever, with the possible exception of Raising Arizona.

If you have not seen it, do yourself a favor and Netflix it. (or something)

He stopped making really good movies from ConAir on. He was so great as the idiot, or the cool guy. Who the hell decided he was an action hero?

I was just reading on another site where he's going to be doing a remake of the scifi classic, 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' from back in the 50's. That movie is one of my favorites and if they crap it up I'll be pissed.:mad:

ohiobrewtus said:
I'm not a huge Cage fan, but I enjoyed National Treasure, Lord of War, Snake Eyes, Gone in 60 seconds.

For those of you who liked National Treasure, there's a sequel coming out around Christmas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Treasure:_Book_of_Secrets

National Treasure was a great movie. I'd say that plenty of actors and actresses make their share of crap.

BTW, it's nice to see another obvious Lions fan on the boards. :mug:

cheezydemon said:
I am getting into this late, but.....Jesus H christ! Doesn't anyone know who David Lynch is?
"Wild At Heart" is probably Nicholas Cage's best movie ever, with the possible exception of Raising Arizona.

He stopped making really good movies from ConAir on. He was so great as the idiot, or the cool guy. Who the hell decided he was an action hero?[/QUOTE

Yep, David Lynch is the master. Wild at Heart is a good one, but Blue Velvet with Dennis Hopper sucking on the nitrous is outrageous. Twin Peaks! Christ what a nut. Another great one is Mullholland Drive.

Actually Movie freaks will tell you instead of following actors to pick films, follow the directors because they are the ones that make the pictures, the actors are just the paint on the canvas.

Rick

seefresh said:
Adam Sandler... hmm, good call there. Luckily Robin Williams didn't get the part, now that guy annoys the **** out of me.

EDIT: Oh! And maybe.. Fred Savage? Maybe...
i to was annoyed by williams until he did dead poets society that changed my view of him and i think he's an awesome ad-lib actor as long as the director reins him in

cheezydemon said:

He stopped making really good movies from ConAir on. He was so great as the idiot, or the cool guy. Who the hell decided he was an action hero?

From ConAir on? What about The Rock? Pure tripe. A blemish on Connery's record too, not to mention Ed Harris. Someone should take out a restraining order on Bruckheimer/Bay so that they can't go within 100 yards of any good actors. Sure, take Asshat Affleck and put him in your sappy Pearl Harbor garbage. Do that mess all day long. But leave good actors alone, all you do is ruin them.

Nic Cage gets on my nerves as much as Tom Hanks these days. That fat-faced twit needs to go away. But I digress...

I loved Nic in Leaving Las Vegas and Adaptation. Lord of War wasn't horrible. The rest are pretty pathetic. Like his "over the top" character in Face/Off...the "trying too hard" was practically seeping out of him.

And I don't care what Robin Williams did in DPS, he's a bit-stealing hack like Carlos Mencia. He's one of those guys that, when they walk into comedy clubs and someone is up on stage, there's a "sign" that the other guys make...sometimes it's a light, sometimes it's a hand sign...but it means "Robin Williams is in the house, cut out your good material or it's gonna get stolen". Pathetic hack.

I heard yesterday that Nicholas Cage is going to star in the Magnum PI movie...

A few more classics:

Valley Girl
Vampire's Kiss
Moonstruck
Face Off
Matchstick Men

:cross:

Rock on "The Cage"!
:rockin:

Evan! said:
From ConAir on? What about The Rock? Pure tripe. A blemish on Connery's record too, not to mention Ed Harris. Someone should take out a restraining order on Bruckheimer/Bay so that they can't go within 100 yards of any good actors. Sure, take Asshat Affleck and put him in your sappy Pearl Harbor garbage. Do that mess all day long. But leave good actors alone, all you do is ruin them.

Nic Cage gets on my nerves as much as Tom Hanks these days. That fat-faced twit needs to go away. But I digress...

I loved Nic in Leaving Las Vegas and Adaptation. Lord of War wasn't horrible. The rest are pretty pathetic. Like his "over the top" character in Face/Off...the "trying too hard" was practically seeping out of him.

And I don't care what Robin Williams did in DPS, he's a bit-stealing hack like Carlos Mencia. He's one of those guys that, when they walk into comedy clubs and someone is up on stage, there's a "sign" that the other guys make...sometimes it's a light, sometimes it's a hand sign...but it means "Robin Williams is in the house, cut out your good material or it's gonna get stolen". Pathetic hack.

Was the Rock before Con Air? I don't really care, they both sucked uncontrollably.
I hold actors accountable for choosing bad roles. I don't blame the director if an actor is in a sucky role.
There are some actors who only take good roles. Selling out applies to actors too.

Mencia steals material? That sucks.

Back