no head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teh_pelt

Reaction score
i've got a problem with my last batches of beer, i have no head. i'm pouring out of the taps on the front of my kegorator, into chilled glasses. i force carbonated to 15 psi, shook damn well. lines were cleaned before i switched kegs. the beer is carbonated. but when i pour it i have no head. does anyone know whats causeing this, and how i can fix it?

It can also be an issue with residue in the glasses. If you wash them in the dishwasher, and have JetDry stuff, it leaves a film on the glass that almost entirely kills the head.

Try washing a glass by hand, rinse very well and let it air dry.
Then see if you still get no head.

Otherwise, as Cheyco said, it could be an issue with the recipe that you used.

oddly enough when i got on today i was gonna post that exact thing, the glasses i was using were from the dishwasher, but i ran out and had to hand wash some and, vuala! heads back. then i was gonna ask why, but it seems you guys beat me to it.

also sorry but i think i did place this is the wrong section. thats my bad guys, i'll try not to do it again.

Q: Why's a woman always smile when she walks down the isle?

A: Because she knows she will never have to give another blow-job...

Back