Old school guy new school questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourfarthing

I make beer, what's your superpower?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Borderline on rafts versus pellicle.

Thoughts? Guesses? Noob jokes?

IMG_0394.JPG

I don't think anyone can draw a reasonable conclusion from that shot, there's a lot going on there.
Can you take a better picture and try again? Also, what style brew and what yeast strain did you use?

Cheers!

Started crashing in case it did get infected, so sadly that is all I have.

I am 65% thinking it is rafts but am worried about the buildup around the edge/side of the carboy.

The distortion shooting through the carboy makes it unclear but I'm inclined to say I don't see anything actually alarming in that shot. But, again, there's much of the surface out of the picture and the distortion is significant...

Cheers!

The distortion shooting through the carboy makes it unclear but I'm inclined to say I don't see anything actually alarming in that shot. But, again, there's much of the surface out of the picture and the distortion is significant...

Cheers!

Thanks and agreed. Flashlight lighting and a camera hone does not an Ansel Adams make.

Ya know, you could pour off a half-cup or so of that brew, cover the cup with plastic wrap, set it aside in a room temp spot, and see what happens while you're crashing your carboy...

Cheers! ("Do it! For SCIENCE!" :D)

Back