Opinion on my Victory Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Councilman

Reaction score
On election day, Nov. 8, I am planning on brewing a "Victory Ale" to celebrate.
Not a clone of any of "Victory"'s brews, but my own recipe using victory malt. :)

1 lb Victory malt (steeped)
4 lb Amber extract
4 lb light extract
1 oz Fuggles hops (60 min in boil)
1 1/2 oz Willamette hops (at flameout)
1 tsp Irish Moss
Wyeast 3056 Bavarian Wheat

I'm shooting for a hoppy taste that will also let the victory malt be tasted.
I am considering dry hopping also with Willamette, Fuggles, or Cascade
The only ingredient that I have in inventory are the Willamette hop pellets.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

P.S. I just noticed my sig says "Victory IPA." I am re-thinking the IPA route so I can share this brew with more folks. :cool:

Sam75 said:
Didn't realize you started two threads on this....you have replies on the one in the "recipes" forum.
Yes, this was the first thread, but I had self doubts and thought I had put it in the wrong forum. I tried, but I don't believe there is a way to move a thread to a different forum.
Sorry about the two threads. :(

billybrew said:
So what about an IPA would make it where you couldn't share it with more people?
Ahhh... I may like the bitter/hoppy taste, my wife is still not sure. And friends... well... you have a good Bud recipe? ;)

The Councilman said:
Yes, this was the first thread, but I had self doubts and thought I had put it in the wrong forum. I tried, but I don't believe there is a way to move a thread to a different forum.
Sorry about the two threads. :(

PM a mod and they can move it for you.

Latest posts

Back