Opps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
only at walmart.

808133553_kZe3u-O.jpg

go America go...

I despise Wal-Mart and everything about it. I still remember reading an article in a business mag about 10 years ago that discussed how they could sell this giant a@$ jar of pickles for like $3.99 then examined their business strategy. Interesting to say the least. And I won't mention their very publicly known intentions as of late to increase their electronics sales in an effort to destroy Best Buy and other electronics retailers. We have to ask ourselves if saving 20 cents on a loaf of bread or 15 cents on dish soap or 9 cents on toothpaste is worth compromising our country over. Anyone notice most of the stuff they sell anymore is cheaply made junk?? FYI - they are the #1 importer of Chinese goods. Or we can keep shopping there and support all the companies from China that put lead in toys for our children, poison our toothpaste and dog food and release non native species in our ecosystems from shipping crates that weren't properly handled and that now destroy all our flora and fauna. Anyone remember a few years ago when they were selling Chinese made baby bibs laced with lead?? BABY BIBS!! And yet we keep shopping there like nothing happened. Google snakeheads or emerald ash borer and see what kind of destruction just these two species are doing to our country. Thank you Wal-mart for helping to destroy all the ash trees in the Midwest!!

Yeah, its certainly been a downfall in a lot of small towns. People are all happy to see walmart build a new store in their town, only to find that the rest of the stores shut down. The essence of the town is lost to it. They are pretty ruthless with employees and monitoring potential union forming activities. One main reason for cameras in the parking lots is to spy on its own employees. A lot of good are junk because of the extreme pressure from walmart to drop the price lower and lower. The manufacturer has to resort to cheap ass **** to get the price competitive.

IDK... I'm not a big fan of walmart either but for some reason find myself there once every couple months. The paint really isn't walmart's doing though. Someone bought a gallon of paint, returned it with "opps" written on top. LOL... just some dumb ass customer who can't even spell oops. TO be honest, one of the biggest turn offs when going to walmart is being among the ****ing retarded lemmings in society. You really feel like just another sheep when you walk in that ****ing place.

I have pretty successfully avoided Walmart for the past 6 years. The ONLY times I have been there is when I go to visit my dad and need to pick up something non-food related. The only other nearest similar store around there is about a half hour away. If I pick up any food, I go to the grocery store in town just to avoid them.

But agreed, I think I remember the article you are talking about. They mentioned a name brand pickle manufacturer by name, and also discuss bikes and other specific examples. That is what prompted me to stop shopping there. I like low prices as much as the next guy, but what they do is rediculous.

Yeah, its certainly been a downfall in a lot of small towns. People are all happy to see walmart build a new store in their town, only to find that the rest of the stores shut down. The essence of the town is lost to it. They are pretty ruthless with employees and monitoring potential union forming activities. One main reason for cameras in the parking lots is to spy on its own employees. A lot of good are junk because of the extreme pressure from walmart to drop the price lower and lower. The manufacturer has to resort to cheap ass **** to get the price competitive.

IDK... I'm not a big fan of walmart either but for some reason find myself there once every couple months. The paint really isn't walmart's doing though. Someone bought a gallon of paint, returned it with "opps" written on top. LOL... just some dumb ass customer who can't even spell oops. TO be honest, one of the biggest turn offs when going to walmart is being among the ****ing retarded lemmings in society. You really feel like just another sheep when you walk in that ****ing place.

The small town i grew up outside of had a walmart come into town about the time i was leaving for college. Within 1 year the kmart (which was the only large name store in town) and two locally owned grocery stores were out of business. there's pretty much no where else to shop in the town now. I love saving money too, but refuse to do it to compromise my values and beliefs. ++1 to buying your items elsewhere. Ever see the south park referencing walmart - called "something walmart this way comes"
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/809/
classic.

Back