Oxygenating in-line with plate chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
So I was thinking about rigging something where as chilled wort comes out of a plater chiller that it gets its pure O2 before even hitting the carboy. Something like a tee-fitting on the wort out. Anyone ever do something like this? I tried a quick search and nothing came up. Thoughts?

Gregg

Morebeer sells setups u can use to do that. Personally I wouldn't because to much cash and pita. ..you will need a long hose after oxygen so it has a chance to dissolve before the carboy .

It's harder to control the amount of oxygen you're injecting with an inline set-up. It's dependent on chilling time/speed, temp and O2 flow rate. I switched back to a wand in the carboy for more consistency.
Here's the set-up I made anyway:

I use a flow meter to control O2 flow. It works fine and I thought it would take one less step out of the process. It didn't because now I have to disassemble to clean the stone.

+1 I thought about doing that and having my brewtroller control the valve to add oxygen but I decided not to because it will be a PITA removing the stone after every brew to be cleaned.

Thanks all. I will not bother with inline pure O2. The wyzazz linked option seems decent though.

Glad to be able to help. I do this with all my "chilled" batches, with my "no chill" batches I just use my Mix-Stir for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back