Pacman Attenuation and Flocculation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbrewer

Reaction score
I am using Pacman yeast that I cultivated from a bottle of Rogue. My IPA started at 1.054 and is down to 1.022. The krausen fell today so I have a few more days of yeast clean-up. I usually expect about 1.014-1.016. Does anyone know the specifics of the yeast so that I can estimate final gravity.

Like I told Hoosier when he PMned me yesterday. I've found it listed online as 80% But since my strains are all from bottles, I set it up in beersmith as 78%, figuring the yeast has to be a wee bit more stressed than a pure culture from the lab...

The average of most yeasts is 75%, so I figured 78 was a good number to split the difference....that way I wouldn't be dissapointed...

Mine is down to 1.020 from 1.054. It was a brewers best kit and was supposed to finish from 1.012-1.015. It had a delayed start, but went gangbusters there fore a few days. Now it is slowing. I plan to leave it until this Saturday and then rack to a secondary for a few weeks.

I love pacman. I tend to keep adding crystal, way past what I should but Pacman puts my beer where it needs to be when it's done fermenting!

another day at 1.020. This thing may finish high. It will be in the secondary for a few weeks after I transfer so if it is going to go lower, it will have time to do so. I will still give it until Sunday night or so though in the primary

Latest posts

Back