PacMan Disaster!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadWeezel

Reaction score
Ohh the horror!. I got a new room mate, and yesterday he took my vials of my pacman yeast out of the fridge to make room for his frozen pizza, and kindly set them on the stove top, them propmtly decided to cook one of his frozen pizza's....

Needless to say he's not getting my beer for a long time to come.

Eye drops in his drink!

does that actually give you the runs? only seen it done in movies. Might have to do some "research"

Zar said:
Eye drops in his drink!

does that actually give you the runs? only seen it done in movies. Might have to do some "research"

No, it doesn't. I guess it used to a long time ago, but not any longer.

I'd be PISSED about the Pacman. I'd say he owes you $20 a vile at a minimum

The jack@ss knows you brew right? He had to know that was yeast correct? Definitely take his mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.

rdwj said:
No, it doesn't. I guess it used to a long time ago, but not any longer.

I'd be PISSED about the Pacman. I'd say he owes you $20 a vile at a minimum
Can you even buy Pacman yeast anymore?

Yes he knows i brew. The eye drop idea sounds perfect for the job. Maybe just every time he has a frozen pizza..... HEHEHEHE

> Can you even buy Pacman yeast anymore?

Not that i know of, thats the tragedy of the situation. I know they do limited runs and i have no clue when they will do it next...

I have a culture going right now from a Shakespeare Stout. Haven't tried it yet, though, but it sure smells good and it took off like a rocket when I stepped it up. It was super-easy to do.

Cock Punches for the Bastard!!! Then make him buy you the Rogue to culture some yeast out of.

Cheers

wop31 said:
Cock Punches for the Bastard!!! Then make him buy you the Rogue to culture some yeast out of.

Cheers
Yes, good suggestion. I think it would take at least 6 22oz bottles to collect enough yeast to make a decent starter! ;)

FlyGuy said:
Yes, good suggestion. I think it would take at least 6 22oz bottles to collect enough yeast to make a decent starter! ;)

Guess I'll have to start drinkin! :ban: :ban: :ban:

Seriously do they not pasturize their beer? If nothing else i may have to send a message out to a few local brew clubs n if anyone can spare a cluture....

Apparently not. I have heard a number of reports that the yeast can be cultured from the bottle. When I use mine in a brew, I will let you know if it worked.

I would start doing small things to make him go slowly insane. Move his toiletries around and move other things and pretend you have no idea. Reset his alarm clock and park his car two houses down. Things of that nature..then simply laugh to yourself when he starts walking around in circles blabbering to himself.

My LHBS still has some Pacman in the back of the fridge... that's got to be what, a good nine months out of date by now? Maybe I'll see if Roger wants to sell it cheap.... :D

Oh, and I vote for an immediate, and furious, beatdown. Plus, he does all the cleanup on your next ten batches. Plus, he's got to give you pictures of his mom's ta-tas.

lol what an ass even if he knows nothing about brewing or doesn't even know what yeast is he should know the substance in the vial is in the fridge because it needs to be refridgerated not just b/c you had nowhere else to store it. I think he owes you a whole case of your favorite Rogue beer so you can culture some pacman yeast out of the bottle. I think that is so awesome that they don't filter or pasturize their beer. Well I'm assuming they don't b/c how else would it be possible to culture the yeast from a bottle.

wop31 said:

Cheers
Yeah, give him a nut-tap during casual conversation....then whe you got his attention, let him know how he has wronged you!

Where do you live? I'm sure if you had him drive his sorry @$$ down to Newport Oregon they'd give you a mason jar of the stuff. Make him drive there and get you just that AFTER you explain, calmly, EXACTLY what he has done. After that you can kick his lilly @$$. Lets remember, it wasn't WHAT he destroyed that is the important, he destroyed something of yours WITHOUT reguard to you or your stuff. Then toss his stuff in the street and tell him to kick rocks. Ok, if he is truly sorry and goes the extra mile to work it out with you, ok. Maybe he isn't a complete friggin tard. Everybody does bonehead crap from time to time. But if he isn't willing to get you some more pacman yeast one way or another it's time to get a new roomate!

Wait, what? They really give out mason jars of pacman yeast at the brewery? Do you have to bring your own jar? May have to take a trip down the coast.... oh yes... oh yes....

As for the crotch-punching, it's most effective at 3 AM while he's sleeping....

Google maps: Des moines, Ia to Newport, Or : 1,917 mi.
Now figuring I get ~20Mpg thats 95.85 Gal. of gas..
Figuring its an average of like 3.10/gal thats 297.14$ one way!

Needless to say I would maybe guess someone who lives close to the rouge brewery could go get a mason jar full of pacman, do a good job of bottling it up and ice packing it, and maybe overnight it to me for ohh lets say 40$?

(Although it might be worth going to OR to tour the brewery..)

MadWeezel said:
Google maps: Des moines, Ia to Newport, Or : 1,917 mi.
Now figuring I get ~20Mpg thats 95.85 Gal. of gas..
Figuring its an average of like 3.10/gal thats 297.14$ one way!

Needless to say I would maybe guess someone who lives close to the rouge brewery could go get a mason jar full of pacman, do a good job of bottling it up and ice packing it, and maybe overnight it to me for ohh lets say 40$?

(Although it might be worth going to OR to tour the brewery..)

Make a vacation of it. Hit the rogue brewery, then the pelican in pacific city. Then just go to portland and hit all 35 or so of them.:D I think Portland, OR has more breweries than any other city in the US. I know it has it per capita hands down, but I also think they have it period.(they also have just an INSANE number of strip clubs, but i digress....)

Kick your roommate's ass, then have him buy a bunch of Rogue brews so you can try and culture the yeast.

Going to pour salt in the wound now...

This is a video I just shot of PacMan chewing up my recent porter brew. It's almost exactly 48 hours after pitching and doing nothing but getting more violent, bubbling like crazy through a 1/2" tube into some StarSan solution. Sorry...the lighting is from a flashlight...

Yup...it's like watching paint dry, but tastier in the end...

Weezel, you gotta find a way to get some of this stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back