Paint White Freezer Black

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

go_mustangs

Reaction score
I am starting a keezer conversion project and my $40 craigslist freezer has some plastic trim pieces on the front of it (temperature setting) and also some plastic inserts along the length of each side of the lid. My question is can I use the appliance epoxy to paint the plastic trim pieces? Thanks in advance for your help.

I am starting a keezer conversion project and my $40 craigslist freezer has some plastic trim pieces on the front of it (temperature setting) and also some plastic inserts along the length of each side of the lid. My question is can I use the appliance epoxy to paint the plastic trim pieces? Thanks in advance for your help.
It should state on the back of the can if you can paint plastic or not..its been awhile since I used the epoxy paint when I painted my freezer..I didn't paint my plastic as for not wanting to.

When I painted my chest freezer, I painted the plastic covers for the vents and temp plates with the same paint. I will say, it's noticeable that it's different if you were to run your hand over it, but visual impact is very minimal based on the small surface area your talking about.

Kylon makes a brand of paint called Fusion specifically for plastic. I have used it with great results. you can purchase it at Walmart or Home Depo. :mug:

When I painted my chest freezer, I painted the plastic covers for the vents and temp plates with the same paint. I will say, it's noticeable that it's different if you were to run your hand over it, but visual impact is very minimal based on the small surface area your talking about.

Thank you for the reply. Any issues with the appliance epoxy adhering to the plastic and or chipping off?

I haven't had any chipping as of yet. Again, I rarely/never mess with those plates so.

The main differences is the feel, but for my purposes it off to the side and never looked at. Trust me, if your doing a keezer, it's the last thing someone's going to be looking at. Don't forgot, there are taps with free flowing beer ;)

Back