PBW and 5.2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ARE NOT THE SAME THING....

I got up this morning, did a 10 mile run and then started brewing. Will be brewing two 10 gallon batches. I'm in a hurry due to me not getting started until after noon.
So I get the tun preheated, get my 29qt's of strike water to temp and transfer to the tun. Open it up and added 1tbs of 5.2, or so I thought, I was just about to add another one and I seen the PBW on the label... F***K I grabbed the wrong tub.. As fast as I could I dumped it and rinsed it out. Got another 29qt's up to temp and transferred over. Man that sucks. But at least I seen it.

Just goes to show you. In a hurry or not, take your time and make sure you're doing it right.

Yeah, it's an easy mistake to make since they're in identical containers. I've marked on each lid with a sharpie so I can easily determine which is which when I grab them out of the drawer.

Back