Picnic Tap 2.1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How high of a pressure can the PT2.1 handle? can i use it at like 20-30 psi for seltzer water/soda without it leaking? sounds like people in general love it so i'm probably going to get at least one.

How high of a pressure can the PT2.1 handle? can i use it at like 20-30 psi for seltzer water/soda without it leaking? sounds like people in general love it so i'm probably going to get at least one.
Did you end up buying one and trying it with seltzer? I'm also curious about buying one for seltzer and/or hop water, at 25psi.

Or does anyone else have experience with it for seltzer? I know it's a higher than recommended psi, but there's no concern about maintaining a proper head or anything...

I know it's a higher than recommended psi, but there's no concern about maintaining a proper head or anything...
I think the concern is damaging the tap. I like mine well enough, but they really don't look like they're built to handle that kind of pressure. You could try asking Trong at his website. He's usually very responsive and I'm sure he will give you an honest answer.

Did you end up buying one and trying it with seltzer? I'm also curious about buying one for seltzer and/or hop water, at 25psi.

Or does anyone else have experience with it for seltzer? I know it's a higher than recommended psi, but there's no concern about maintaining a proper head or anything...
I enailed Trong. His reply:

The maximum recommended pressure is 15 psi. However, we do have a number
of users who reported using it up to 20 psi.”

I’ve used it to 20 psi with beer. I will say that these things are a little foamier than using beer line. I don’t know if I’d trust it to not leak much over 20 psi. I can hook it up and try it. I think the seltzer would flatten quite a bit being served that high defeating the point of the high psi. Better to drop the keezer temp as low as possible and serve at a lower pressure.

Back