Postseason

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdavis777

Reaction score
The best month of the year! October, fall, Halloween, and BASEBALL. Who's for who? Looks great so far. For AL, I would like to see the Royals make it to the series. Lifetime Cubbies fan here, hate all you want, but we have a solid team. I feel the series we are in now is World Series Material as the NL Central boasted the best 3 teams in MLB this year, and now the best 2 are playing in a divisional series. One of the two will be in the Series...

Either way, Im happy for all the teams in the post season, and good luck to all.

I don't care who wins it all as long as it is not the dirty stinkin' Mets.

I thought it would be kinda cool if the Cubs win the World Series, as hey were predicted to do so in "Back to the Future 2".

Andre Dawson made me the Cubs fan I am today. One of my best friends stopped by tonight (we grew up together and played travel ball) who now lives on the north side of Chi, and he is a lifetime STL fan. Always an awesome rivalry between us.
GO CUBS GO

I dont feel there is a Bartman curse. There was "dropping the ball" curse. Prior gave up multiple runs, Gonzalez F'd up the double play. So on.

That isnt today's Cubs. I have faith. Awesome players on the field and in the dugout. Cards are an incredible team. This is our big hump. We have the potential.

I am envious of those baseball fans that live close enough to a major league team for which they can cheer. The closest team near me is nearly a 300 mile drive. Post season play is the greatest because I get to watch on TV the cream of the crop battle it out to the World Series. It really doesn't matter to me which team wins as long as they fight it out over extra innings and take it to 7 games :mug:

Huge win last night. Had "Go Cubs Go" blasting the headphones at the gym last night. I think STL was the biggest obstacle to overcome.

I'm a Brewers fan and we've been out of contention since about May.

This season has allowed me to develop some empathy for Bears fans though.

I'm not generally a big baseball fan, especially since the Tigers are now seriously contending for Detroit sports most underperforming team of 2015 and bowing out of playoff contention at midseason.

However, I DID find the jay's game last night pretty entertaining.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUIBGhWv1KQ[/ame]

I got home in the 8th and SWMBO was saying "I just watched the weirdest inning of baseball I've ever seen." And "I don't even know where to begin."

I finally saw the highlights this morning. Wow.

bautista.gif

I don't care who wins it all as long as it is not the dirty stinkin' Mets.

I thought it would be kinda cool if the Cubs win the World Series, as hey were predicted to do so in "Back to the Future 2".

They better hurry up and change the rules. Back 2 the Future said they'd sweep the 2015 Series in 5...

One of the nastiest rock n' roll riots was in Montreal after James Hetfield got burned and then Axl Rose refused to perform, so take that for whatever it's worth.

However, that might have been comparable to an average Saturday in Columbus when they lose to Michigan, or vice versa.

One of the nastiest rock n' roll riots was in Montreal after James Hetfield got burned and then Axl Rose refused to perform, so take that for whatever it's worth.

However, that might have been comparable to an average Saturday in Columbus when they lose to Michigan, or vice versa.

OSU sucks.

That is all.

Royals fan here for the past 16+ years. It's MUCH easier to watch them now that it was in those early days. And as a Royals fan I received horrible news yesterday that F'ing Joe Buck is going to announce the ALCS. I thought he and Madison Bumgarner were still on their honeymoon but I guess he's back. Oh goodie. This is probably the last season as a Royal for a few players, including Alex Gordon so I'd like to see them make it to the WS again.

urinal.jpg

Royals fan here for the past 16+ years. It's MUCH easier to watch them now that it was in those early days. And as a Royals fan I received horrible news yesterday that F'ing Joe Buck is going to announce the ALCS. I thought he and Madison Bumgarner were still on their honeymoon but I guess he's back. Oh goodie. This is probably the last season as a Royal for a few players, including Alex Gordon so I'd like to see them make it to the WS again.

urinal.jpg

Does Aikman know about Joe & Maddy?

So happy the Dodgers are out. Couldn't even watch the game since I was sure if I did the Dodgers would win. Now I don't really care, I'll watch because its fun, but I don't have someone to root for or against.

I'm a Yankees fan born and bred...but being a New Yorker you gotta cheer on any NY team once yours is out! Th Cubbies better be ready to face what is probably the scariest Mets pitching rotation in the last 30 years!

I love this time of year. It's so fascinating to see all the different countries and cultures represented in the World series. You know, the 29 teams from the USA and the 1 team from Canada. Call me shamelessly patriotic, but I think the Dominicans on our team can beat the Dominicans on whatever other team they face. Go, Jays, Go!

In all seriousness, baseball is the third most boring sport (behind golf and bowling). Though that 7th inning of the Jays game the other night ... wow. I actually found myself caring about baseball for a whole half hour.

I think the NLCS will be a good series, but I am not as concerned with the Mets as I was with the Cards. The Cards are a sound club, and are easily one of the best teams in the MLB. Not saying it's a cake walk from here on out, but I feel more comfortable going in against the Mets than I did playing the Cards 1st round.

I think the NLCS will be a good series, but I am not as concerned with the Mets as I was with the Cards. The Cards are a sound club, and are easily one of the best teams in the MLB. Not saying it's a cake walk from here on out, but I feel more comfortable going in against the Mets than I did playing the Cards 1st round.

I agree. About a month ago I thought it would be Cardinals/Blue Jays (too many damn birds) in the W.S.

...as a Royals fan I received horrible news yesterday that F'ing Joe Buck is going to announce the ALCS...

Let me help you out, my friend. I had the same problem last year when the Giants were in the WS. I refused to let that poor excuse for an announcer ruin the good times.

I found a cool app for my PC called Radio Delay. It allows you to delay a radio broadcast so you can synchronize it with the television broadcast. TV is around 25 seconds behind the radio, so I piped my radio signal into my PC, set the delay, and ran the feed back out through my surround sound. Damn near perfect by itself -- getting to listen to your home team broadcasters. Not having to listen to Joe Buck makes the playoffs and WS the perfect experience.

I spent game 3 of the WS in my kayak in McCovey Cove and captured this picture I thought you might appreciate:

Anti-Joe%20Buck.jpg

Latest posts

Back