Pretty much sums up Phish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phish is WAY too popular to be a hipster band...

And they are overly talented.

That said, I found this pretty funny, for about 30 seconds. Then it became a bit too much. Maybe a bit like a lot of Phishes jams! ;)

not a hipster band.
i'm not a huge phish fan, but recognize their talent as musicians and entertainers.

video's creator probably thinks all Miles Davis songs sound like "boopity bop bop".

HAHA Phish as a hipster band!!!!?????!!! That's funny even though it makes me quite sad to hear someone say that.... Its a shame so many people are stereotyping everything as hipster these days, when in reality only a few things constitute a hipster. People love to hate on groups!

what happens when hipsters find out its no longer hipster to be hipster?
that almost gave me a brain bubble to think about.

Hipster band?

They've been around since the 80's and have an aging fanbase, not quite hipster. Other than the wooks on tour, most fans are 30+ with a family.

I am a huge phish fan, and have seen that video..I agree with homer its amusing for 30 seconds..

That's totally a hipster response, ya hipster! :drunk:

Sigh...would a hipster even be on this forum in the first place? Think about it... But I know talking down to others can make some feel better about themselves so have at it, throw em at me! But be prepared to get some back ;) :tank:

Phish rocks. These guys were playing live shows when you were listening to new kids on the block. go get your ears pierced and listen to a lil' wayne song :fro:

Are we perhaps confusing hipsters with hippies...? I grew up a hippie and it's still in my blood but I would never refer to myself as a hipster;)

As a Dead Head I always appreciated what Phish brought to the table and they are definitely talented but as they were referenced as a younger version of the Dead for a while with the younger set I just never got into them.

This is pretty much every hipster band to me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNHIFM0Y87c

You are ignorant. Educate yourself. I am 42 years old and have been a fan since the early 90s.

You, my friend are the hipster. These guys are celebrating their 30th anniversary this fall. They are about the farthest thing from hipsters. And the farthest thing from the Dead.

Defensive am I? Yes. But I just wrote to their upper management and explained to them my story of the last year...what with being diagnosed with a brain tumor, the subsequent surgery, now brain cancer, etc etc. And guess what? My wife and I have been invited to attend 7 shows on their upcoming fall tour. Name me another band that would pay it forward to a devoted fan?

I like in the OP's profile where favorite music is listed as "pretty much anything". I guess not...

Read this thread again this morning and suddenly have a desire to check out some Phish on Spotify. I am pretty sure I heard them do a version of Hold Your Head Up, by Argent...

Troll_Face.png

You are ignorant. Educate yourself. I am 42 years old and have been a fan since the early 90s.

You, my friend are the hipster. These guys are celebrating their 30th anniversary this fall. They are about the farthest thing from hipsters. And the farthest thing from the Dead.

Defensive am I? Yes. But I just wrote to their upper management and explained to them my story of the last year...what with being diagnosed with a brain tumor, the subsequent surgery, now brain cancer, etc etc. And guess what? My wife and I have been invited to attend 7 shows on their upcoming fall tour. Name me another band that would pay it forward to a devoted fan?

I like in the OP's profile where favorite music is listed as "pretty much anything". I guess not...

Wow.......just a little harsh, don't ya think?

Sorry to hear about your ailings but in defense of many other amazing bands, yes, there are lots of stories of musicians doing good for their fans as well as many charitable organizations, some with out even being contacted by the fan looking for something for nothing;)

Relax.....:rockin:

Curious on your name..

Aiptasia as in unwanted flowers of death in the saltwater tank world?

Wow.......just a little harsh, don't ya think?

Sorry to hear about your ailings but in defense of many other amazing bands, yes, there are lots of stories of musicians doing good for their fans as well as many charitable organizations, some with out even being contacted by the fan looking for something for nothing;)

Relax.....:rockin:

Harsh, maybe. But like I said, I've been a devoted fan for the last 22 years and as corny as it sounds, their music has brought more joy to my life to last me 10 lifetimes. I don't mind joking around about them at all, everyone who knows me knows I'm one of the world's biggest smart a**es. But the OP for some reason struck a sour chord with me. Maybe because they are certainly not hipsters, they are 50-plus year old family guys who just happen to be incredibly gifted musicians.

Latest posts

Back