Pumpkin beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZBeer

Reaction score
Looking to brew a beer for family and friends for the dinner the night before Thanksgiving. Dinner will be brisket (I've also been voluntold to smoke a brisket) with pumpkin gnocchi.

I was thinking of BierNumncher's centennial blonde dry hopped with Lemondrop hops, but the pumpkin gnocchi has just been added to the mix.

Looking for a good beer to pair with that. Will bee in the fermentor in 3-4 weeks at the earliest, unless there is a need for it to be in sooner, and I may "need" to get another fermentor.

No, what do they say about pumpkin ale?

Not a fan of the style myself...

surprised you've never seen this :

HP_PumpkinBeer_728.jpg

:))
I brewed one last year about this time....I named it pun'kin patch pale ale, and it was designed to be a "mild" pumpkin pale ale. It was pretty good with just a hint of the pumpkin and spice usually associated with the style.

surprised you've never seen this :

hehehe...I totally endorse this.

That said, what kind of timeframe am I looking at for a Pumpkin something grain to glass? I am thinking of something lighter than the traditional pumpkin ale. Maybe a wheat or something. Or a 2 row/ biscuit/ Vienna grain bill.

I brew an excellent pumpkin beer. I start with a nut brown ale recipe that I've perfected, then add 3# of pumpkin to the boil for the last 40 min. No spice. Works best with pumpkin that you've roasted for two hours. Skinned and deseeded. Adds a beautiful mouth feel and roastiness to the beer without cloying pumpkin pie flavor. Blech...

I am planning to brew this recipe by @yuri_rage this coming weekend. Looks pretty straightforward.

Back