Question about beer and mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With mead co2 gets trapped in the liquid. Mead is harder to ferment then beer. It needs nutrients and degassing helps that. When you stir and degas you allow the co2 to escape the mead and bring in o2 while doing it. The o2 helps fermentation along. You ever put in nutrients without degassing first? Gets messy.

With mead co2 gets trapped in the liquid. Mead is harder to ferment then beer. It needs nutrients and degassing helps that. When you stir and degas you allow the co2 to escape the mead and bring in o2 while doing it. The o2 helps fermentation along. You ever put in nutrients without degassing first? Gets messy.

Mead is denser then...okok, got it.

I have about 6L of mead fermenting and 20L of beer fermenting (bock).

How much time should I stir the mead?

Mead is denser then...okok, got it.

I have about 6L of mead fermenting and 20L of beer fermenting (bock).

How much time should I stir the mead?

I don't make mead a whole lot but we did it every other day I believe. Right before we added the nutrients and stuff. Have you checked out the mead forum ? It has good advice and recipes on mead.

I don't make mead a whole lot but we did it every other day I believe. Right before we added the nutrients and stuff. Have you checked out the mead forum ? It has good advice and recipes on mead.

I checked some things.

Back