Reintroducing the BigKahuna

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ALOHA!
It's been so long, I thought I'd re-introduce myself and say howdy to all my new friends and ALOHA to all my old friends, and HELLO REVVY!

SWMBO and I started a publishing company at the first of the year and took on the task of publishing two local news papers.
We've been super busy since, and that's when it happened! If it wasn't connected to my camera, my cell phone or my pillow, it's pretty well been ignored since January 1st.

Things are inching back toward sanity a little more every day. Unfortunately, it takes me 6 months at a new job before I can even find my desk reliably! There have been plenty of times when I have been more of a hindrance than a help. And I thought many a day that Jessica was going to kill me, but fortunately my neck is bigger than her hands, and now I”m starting to catch on.

I am fortunate to have SWMBO, as she does 90% of the “owners tasks” related to our business. I do some of the heavy lifting, but other than that they keep me around to keep the computers working....and they are MAC computers, so that is even a minimal chore.

I have been about on Twitter for those of you that tweet, I'm @BigKahunaBrew and I recently experienced the worst brewing tragedy of my life....all 4 taps went dry in the same week with no replacement beer on hand. I quickly got online and ordered a few all grain kits from Austin Homebrew supply, and now have beer again. Whew!

I recently bottled 2 of the “Sisters” from my 3 sisters and a cousin experiment, and have some carboys available. 2 meads, both containing 40 oz frozen Blackberry's, and 6 pounds honey....in 3 gallon Batches. I'll be trying some tricks to see if I can get one drinkable within about 7 or 8 weeks and may dedicate a tap to mead...if I can cut the time down. I'll be damned if I'm going to invest a year or 2 on a mead and then put it on tap and kill it in 2 or 3 months. If I can turn one out in 2 months, I'm in.

So, all of that to say, god willing, I'll be able to balance my “SWMBO time” work, brewing and make some time to drop in and say hi, as well as help to answer some questions...get some answered, and generally shoot the breeze a bit.

It is great to have you back,

Many a mead makers have missed out on your insight

get to brewing those kegs don't fill themselves .....

-Jason

Welcome back. I was joining when your other endeavors were evolving. Hope to see you around.:mug:

I saw you on another thread and got very excited. I knew you were still alive and kicking because of twitter but I sure missed you here. Welcome back! <hugs>

It's sure nice to have you back. I really missed you! I know that I communicated with you a little, but it's just not the same!

Now, fill up that pipeline!

I've seen and taken notes on a handful of your posts... so thanks for that.
Welcome back and good luck with the newspaper businesses!

Don't know how I missed this last time around. Glad things are mellowing out. It was good to see you and Jessica at GABF.

I'd like to put in my Christmas order for Reindeer Fuel now, thanks. :wink:

Good meeting you at GABF. Your recommendations must have been great, because every single one was tapped by the time I got there :)

Latest posts

Back