Scored some honey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seamonkey84

Reaction score
while doing a search on a brand of honey, one of the results landed me a great price on some honey at a local discount store!
98E7A636-D5CA-4421-9D78-4B6BA3C9B19B.jpeg

If I had more cash available, I would of ended up walking out with a case of the orange blossom, but I bought 6lbs of it and the only two coffee blossom they had. I’m going to try and find another pound or two of the coffee blossom and see what it does in a sweet BOMM.
Also, from that same brand as the coffee blossom, they had a “jungle blossom” honey from the jungles of Mexico, any one ever try it?

3.99 a pound for Orange Blossom is a very good price. The coffee blossom sounds interesting. (Never heard of it before this) How does it taste and smell?

A bit fruity and kinda spicy. Very creamy with a bit of a bite as it dissolves in the mouth. Does not remind me of coffee beans at all. Then again the coffee we know is also roasted.

I love coffee blossom honey.

I get hints of caramel, tobacco, fig, and leather.

It makes a really tasty semisweet traditional, and also pairs well with hot peppers and/or other spices.

I really need to train my tastebuds lol. But I’m a smoker and my usual drink is Jameson’s or Glenlivet. I really hope to find at least another two pounds of the coffee blossom, otherwise I might have to mix it with clover just to make a one gallon batch, a half gallon would just be a shame. After I saw the price that coffee blossom is going for online, I feel like I should find every bottle I can at this price. might be worth the 40 min drive to their next nearest location.

Back